Monday, July 1, 2013

June Favorites



Now that summer is at its peak, I find my products pretty ironic --a matte bronzer, a mattifying spray, a nude lipstick, a deeply moisturizing body butter and even a warm smelling cologne.

While such products may sound unusual for this time of year, my skin does oppose. I tend to use mattifying and matte products because I do get very oily during the summer months; my skin goes through a complete 180 from its severe dryness during the Winter season. Although I try to mattify the rest of my face, I do like to use a highlighter on the areas that look good being "shiny". And I like to use powder highlighters so that it doesn't marry with my oiliness like my current favorite --and many other beauty junkies' fave-- shimmering powder by Dior in Ambre Diamond. The product is simply a must-have as it doubles as eyeshadow, and also comes in many shades in one palette so it will sure suit every skin tone.

Now when it comes to moisturizing, we think "dry skin in the Winter time", well in my case, I like to assure my skin is extra soft and supple in the summer time because more skin shows, unlike during the Winter time, I moisturize for serious skin purposes not necessarily to show off my skin out in 40 degree weather!

For the warm smelling cologne, what can I say, I just love any Jo Malone perfume, so I'll wear it whenever I want! Hahah :)

JUNE FAVES!
Lips:
YSL Rouge Volupte in #9
Laura Mercier crème smooth lip colour in Angelic
 
Eyes
Dior waterproof eyeliner in #594 Intense Brown
Revlon Lash Potion mascara
 
Face
Dior shimmer powder in Ambre Diamond
Dior Diorskin Nude Tan in #001 Honey
Urban Decay De-slick setting spray
Shany Cosmetics cheek brush
 
Body
The Body Shop body butter in Vineyard Peach
 
Nails
Essie nail polish in Shake Your $$$ Maker
 
Scent
Jo Malone Orange Blossom Cologne
 
Misc.
DEMI Album <3
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment